Behold my new life motto
The Way of Shadows (Brent Weeks)
my fall look today is winged eyeliner, plum lipstick, and a look on my face like i’m fucking your boyfriend and can’t wait for you to find out.
My fall look is simple liner with bold lashes, burgundy lipstick, a gleam in my eyes that let’s men know that I’ll suck their dick, their money out of their bank accounts, and the souls right out of their bodies.
this is my favorite post on tumblr currently
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up."
The photo on the left is of PNB dancer Chelsea Adomaitis warming up before a show. Taken by Lindsay Thomas.
The photo on the right is the grotesque result of photoshop. I have seen this image a few times on facebook, but I only realized how distorted it was when someone pointed out that it was photoshopped. Her foot has been made to look more winged, her body thinner. Her strong shoulders are disproportionate to her now deformed waist.
The original photo is of a strong, talented, slim, healthy dancer. The altered image is a reflection of the constant pressure towards unattainable ”perfection”. This is the first time I have seen proof of a popular photoshopped ballet photo, but I do not doubt that many photos have been “doctored” in the same way. This is not OK.
REBLOGGING AGAIN BECAUSE REASONS
Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 (via thatkindofwoman)
The Medicine of Hope (via thisfragilerose)
Dear Mirrored Girl,
There is something so
gratifying about lessening yourself.
Pull and rip and shred,
why would you deserve to take up such space?
What a luxury it is
to take and empty yourself
while children are crying from empty stomachs.
Are you jealous of poverty?
Aren’t you above the normal human functions?
Women are made of coffee and cigarettes
tiny claws, gnawing hunger,
teach your children to mold into sickness.
You are magnificent,
you are strong willed,
you are so successful at killing yourself,